Pàgines

dissabte, 12 de maig del 2012

TOP 10 BOOKS

Reading books is one of the thing I like the most and sometimes it’s quite difficult to find an unforgettable story. Today I want to share with you the five books I prefer. However, this is a matter of taste. I’m not going to explain what they talk about, because you can find all this information on the internet. I prefer to give my opinion about them.

1. Memoirs of a gheisha - Arthur Golden. I’ve read it in English and Spanish and I prefer this last verion. The English one was good, though. The think I like the most of this book is the love story it contains between the lines. I didn’t realize who was in love with who until the end, and once I knew it, a started to cry . Furthermore, Chiyo’s life, all the things she has to fight for, it’s a very touching story.

2. The host - Stephenie Meyer. Although I didn’t like her other books (Twilight, New Moon...), this one was perfect. It’s quite long, and sometimes it becomes very boring (like a lot of books), but the story was so beautiful. It shows the power of love and friendship; besides, Mankind’s selfishness and violence are reflected in the novel.


3. Los caracoles no saben que son caracoles - Nuria Roca. It’s like a real-life story. Clara is a woman ho has to struggle to get over her sister’s death. I love the way Nuria Roca talks about common things, I’ve laughed a lot with it.

4. El perfume - Partick Süskind. Some people say that this book is quite special. It’s because the main character is a murderer. It’s not a love story, people are not accustomed to that kind of characters, and when I started to read it I thought that only a mad woman would like that story. I liked a lot. Damn.

5. Amarse con los ojos abiertos - Jorge Bucay. I started to read it when I had my first argument with Èric...I’ve learnt a lot of things with this book, and I recommend it to everyone. When you’ve argued with somebody, most of the times you think you’re right, but sometimes it couldn’t be like this, and this book help you to open your mind.

6. Memòria d’uns ulls pintats - Lluís Llach. I love the way he writes (maybe it’s because I prefer catalan books. One secret: I like to read them out loud, or read them to somebody if it’s possible. For example, two weeks ago I read to Èric “Laura a la ciutat dels Sants”) and tells the story. It was perfect, and that’s all.

7. Marina - Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I read it two years ago. It was a strange story, but I remember Marina like an angel, a lovely girl, despite the end. I cried a lot, too.

8. L’amor - Paulo Coelho. It’s not a novel, it’s only collection of all the sentences about love that Paulo Coelho has written in his books. I read a sentence everynight; Moreover, the cover and the presentation of the book are great.

9. The road - Cormac McCarthy. Mario Bueno gave it to me last year. Partnership, but a lot of suffer and fear. It’s quite difficult to imagine the world as he describes it. Once I finished, I talked some minutes with Mario about it, and then I realized that the most important thing for him is his son. Nice, doesn’t it?

10. Els ulls del drac - M. Àngels Gardella.I read it when I was only 10, it was the first book I cried with. Another love story, for a change. When I think about it, I feel the same I felt when I was reading it. It’s like when you’re an adult and remember some things of your childhood. It’s an strange feeling, but quite good.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada