Pàgines

dilluns, 30 d’abril del 2012

Would you want a Catalonia tea?

Well, this isn’t a piece of news, but an interesting article. BBCnews has different descriptions about different countries, and one of them is Spain.
“Spain's modern history is marked by the bitterly fought Spanish Civil War of 1936-39, and the ensuing 36-year dictatorship of General Francisco Franco.” They say. And that’s true.

"The bursting of the housing bubble tipped Spain into a severe recession and by the end of 2011 the country had an unemployment rate..." AHÁ! I was waiting for this paragraph! I was worried: “They talk about ETA but not about the housing bubble...that’s suspicious...” Nowadays it’s well-known that our economy doesn’t work very well.

"Flamenco music and dance are widely admired around the world..." Stop it a second...Flamenco, and that’s all. Quite fun, doesn’t it? When you go abroad and you say to somebody: “I’m from Spain”, they automatically answer: Oh, and can you dance flamenco? Have you got any bull at home?

I think Spain is more than flamenco music and dance, there are a lot of different regions and they are of equal importance, I think. What about Euskadi traditions, or Sardanes? Last year a travel to Euskadi (because my brother is living there), and I learnt a lot of traditions they have. It’s beautiful to be broad-minded. Two years ago, for example, I went to Germany, to visit my family, I went to a supermarket and I bought a “Catalonia tea”, as you can see in the picture...When you come across things like that, at the begining it’s funny, but then you realized that people doesn’t know anything about your culture, and that everything is covered with a layer of toros and flamenco. I like flamenco, I dance flamenco every week, but it’s not the only dance in Spain, I think.

I think that people are too much narrow-minded, and sometimes it can hurt.

Clara.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada