Pàgines

dijous, 26 d’abril del 2012

A love song...


"In the sixth of a series showcasing Africa's musical talent, Atemi Oyungu performs her song Nairobi and talks about what inspired her to write it."

I love finding great news sometimes, and this one, for me, was perfect. YOU'VE TO WATCH THE VIDEO! I got gooseflesh while I heard that song  and the reasons why she had written it. I think that for oneself it’s important to be in love with a region, it doesn’t matter if it’s a country, or a village, the most important is that you can say:  “I’m from that place, and I love it”.
Furthermore, Atemi’s right. All we know about Africa is its poverty and starvation, so it’s like we don’t know anything.
We’ve got some songs that remind us where we are from and how beautiful this place is, l’Alt Empordà. For example, l’Empordà by Sopa de Cabra, and now La República de la Tramuntana, a new song by Macaco. If you haven’t listened it yet, I recomend it to you, I love it :)
The song hasn’t only a message, but also it’s very beautiful, doesn’t it?
Clara

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada